June Casagrande is the face behind GrammarUnderground.com and a writer and journalist whose weekly grammar/humor column, “A Word, Please,” appears in community newspapers in California, Florida, New York, and Texas. She is a former staff writer and editor for the Los Angeles Times' community news division and has written articles for other regional and national publications. Her fourth book, THE BEST PUNCTUATION BOOK, PERIOD: A Comprehensive Guide for Every Writer, Editor, Student, and Businessperson, is now available from Ten Speed Press.
THE 10 QUESTIONS
- What is your favorite word? Lately, for reasons I can’t explain or even understand, it’s “shizzle.”
- What makes you laugh? Every other sentence on 30 Rock
- What makes you cry? Pineapple on pizza
- What is your favorite guilty pleasure? Rewatching Simpsons reruns I’ve already seen a dozen or more times
- What city or country would you most like to visit next? Greece
- What was your favorite childhood book? Mildred Mastin Pace’s Old Bones the Wonder Horse
- What is your favorite sitcom, past or present? The Simpsons
- What is your favorite magazine? I don’t like magazines. Glossy paper is just wrong.
- What was your favorite movie of the past year? American Hustle
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be? The ability to make people see things my way.